HEALTH

This is What Happens to Your Body 10 Hours After Putting on Nail Polish

By  | 
  • 37
    Shares

Nail polish can seriously affect our heath, and a recent study has shown that many of the most popular American nail polish brands are actually the extremely harmful.

The study involved 24 women and experts evaluated the effects of the chemical toxins in their bodies. The source of these chemicals was nail polish.

All of the participants were found to have signs of triphenyl phosphate in the body only 10 hours after applying nail polish.

The same researchers, in a follow-up study, evaluated 10 different nail polishes for triphenyl phosphate and found it in 8 of them.

What’s more, two of these 8 did not even list the presence of the chemical on the label. Therefore, 20% of nail polishes we purchase have a harmful chemical that is not listed on the label.

Triphenyl phosphate (or TPHP) is a dangerous chemical that disrupts the humans’ endocrine system, which controls all our hormones. According to the lead researcher of the study, Dr. Heather Stapleton, “There is growing evidence suggesting that TPHP may affect hormone regulation, metabolism, reproduction, and development.”

Hence, his is extremely alarming for young girls who use nail polish on a daily basis and the healthy hormonal development is vital for their growth. TPHP  is a known:

  • Neurotoxin (causes developmental effects)
  • Reproductive Toxin
  • Skin irritant and allergen
  • Endocrine Toxin
Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *