This 5 Step Method Helps Prevent Tooth Decay & Tartar!!!
Receding gums are a common oral health problem. They are unpleasant to look at and can actually make you more prone to having bacteria accumulation in between your teeth. This could result in further gum disease.Fortunately, you can make some simple dietary and lifestyle choices in order to prevent further receding.
What Is Gum Recession?
Gum recession is a common oral health problem that occurs when the part of the gums that surrounds the teeth starts wearing away. Moreover, this can cause more of the tooth as well as the root of the tooth to be exposed, thus contributing to “pockets” or gaps to form in between the teeth. Furthermore, this allows room for disease-promoting bacteria to accumulate.
If left untreated, the tooth’s bone structure could be heavily damaged, thus leading to tooth loss.
In fact, various factors have been associated with receding gums. But, the most common ones include periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is a gum infection, which could destroy the tissue of the gum that surrounds the teeth.
So, you can reduce your risk of receding gums by preventing these infections.
1.Change the Way You Brush Your Teeth
- Are you familiar with the fact that a vigorous or improper tooth brushing technique is the main cause of receding gums?
- So, you should always brush your teeth from the top of your gum line downwards to the bottom of your teeth.
- But, you should not brush them back upwards.
- You should also avoid brushing them too aggressively because this could lead to gum inflammation and damage.
2.Brush Your Teeth with Baking Soda
- Many studies have found that baking soda could help eliminate plaque very effectively.
- Specifically, 5 controlled, clinical studies on about 270 subjects showed that toothpaste that contained Arm & Hammer baking soda eliminated more plaque compared to any other toothpaste that didn’t possess the baking soda.
- What’s more, the potent antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of baking soda make it a great natural remedy for periodontal disease.
3.Gargle with Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- The consistency and the powerful antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of coconut oil make it an incredible all-natural mouthwash.
- Simply gargle with some raw, organic coconut oil in order to clean your mouth.
- This makes the oil a convenient and effective way to reduce your risk of periodontal disease.
- Also, this could help prevent inflammation.
- Smoking cigarettes contribute to a restriction in the blood supply to your gums, thus weakening them and resulting in infections.
- This can also lead to a loss of gum tissue.
- That’s not all, chewing tobacco could also trigger gum irritation, thus causing a recession.
5.Consume Green Tea
- A large number of studies have shown that those consuming green tea experienced significant improvements in their gum and tooth health.
- A study confirmed that rinsing with a green tea extract could prevent the teeth from eroding.
- This could also prevent tooth decay and plaque accumulation triggered by the regular consumption of starchy foods.
- In case you think you have receding gums, follow the above-mentioned tips to keep your gums healthy.