Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to start this article with a simple question – do you know what’s mold? No?! We can answer this question for you:
The mold is a fungus that develops in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae.
The molds reproduce by creating tiny spores that fly in the air and are invisible to the naked eye.
The mold spores are omnipresent in the biosphere and are part of the dust in our homes and workplaces.
This is also very important for you to remember – the mold spores usually grow in the bathrooms, in rooms that are not well-ventilated, in water-damaged buildings and they can attach to shoes, clothes, furniture, carpets, books, papers, and even pets. Many experts around the world claim that mold produces mycotoxins, toxic chemicals that can prevent protein synthesis, damage macrophage systems, hinder particle clearance in the lung, and increase sensitivity to bacterial endotoxin. Ladies and gentlemen, you should be very careful, because excessive exposure to molds can be very harmful to humans and may lead to some serious health problems. The real problem is that most doctors will never diagnose mold illness because the conventional medicine firmly believes that exposure to mold does not represent a big risk for the health.
In this article, we are going to show you the most common signs of mold illness (don’t ignore them), how to tell if you are at risk and the best ways to protect yourself. Here’s what you need to know:
THESE ARE THE MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS OF MOLD ILLNESS:
Memory problems, brain fog, and lack of concentration
Constant fatigue and malaise
Muscle cramping and pains and joint pain without inflammatory arthritis
Numbness and tingling
Sensitivity to light, red eyes, and blurred vision
Sinus infection, coughing, and shortness of breath
Abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea
Sudden weight gain
Sweats (especially night sweats)
What’s mold toxicity?
According to the experts, mold toxicity is part of chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS). The famous Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, an author of eight books, including Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings, defines CIRS as an acute and chronic, systemic inflammatory response acquired after an exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building with resident toxic organisms, such as fungi, bacteria, actinomycetes, and Mycobacterium as well as an inflammagens such as endotoxins, beta glucans, proteinases, hemolysins, mannans, c-type lectins and possibly spirocyclic drimanes, plus volatile organic compounds. Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker also mentioned that more almost 24 % of the world’s population is genetically vulnerable to mold toxicity, and 95 % of mold illnesses occur in this subgroup.
He says that people who are genetically sensitive to mold can’t recognize specific toxins (like mold) as toxins, and as a result, the toxins get recirculated in their bodies. Ladies and gentlemen, as we mentioned before, you should be very careful, because this usually leads to a state of chronic inflammation which requires adequate treatment immediately. And, if this health problem is not treated on time, the inflammatory response and resulting symptoms may last for years.
ACCORDING TO EXPERTS, YOU SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IN ORDER TO BE DIAGNOSED WITH CIRS:
It’s very important for you to remember these 3 things – the history, the symptoms, and the signs consistent with the biotoxin exposure. Ladies and gentlemen, this actually means that, when it comes to cases of mold toxicity, history should include exposure to toxin-producing molds as documented by the EPA-approved ERMI test. In other cases, like microcystin or ciguatera, history should include laboratory evidence of exposure or likely exposure.
Genetic predisposition to illnesses related to bio-toxins, based on HLA susceptible haplotype identification.
Documented abnormalities by Visual Contrast Sensitivity (VCS) testing.
Biomarkers consistent with the vascular, neuroimmune, and endocrine abnormalities which characterize the CIRS.
WE RECOMMEND YOU TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MOLD:
First of all, you should learn more about mold illness. Well, this actually means that you should find and read Dr. Shoemaker’s amazing book titled “Surviving Mold”. Find time and read the book. You can thank me later.
You can also hire environmental professional to perform a visual inspection of your home.
And last, but not least important – you should work with a physician certified in the Shoemaker Protocol.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and enjoy your day